Cleaning business marketing letters (for use with direct mail) can be as effective or even more effective than word of mouth and the Internet to attract new clients.
If you use direct mail properly and in conjunction with your online methods (including email) you should see a steady stream of new business. You might even get more business than you can handle.
Most maid service and house cleaning businesses simply list their services on a piece of paper and hope to get a call. But if you attempt to hit some emotional hot buttons then you may get a better response.
The first letter below is a good example of how to use emotion (the benefits of saving time) to get people drawn into your letter and to hopefully respond.
Take look at the letters and then be sure to read the additional marketing tips below them.
Cleaning Business Marketing Letters (Samples)!
City, State, Zip
I know how busy you can get. You have chores to do, a dog to walk, friends to see, laundry to fold, dishes to be scrubbed, and the list goes on and on.
So let me help you free up some of your valuable time by doing the house cleaning for you.
My name is (Name) and I own (Name Of Business). Myself and my staff are highly trained home cleaning experts and we are very flexible when it comes to scheduling around your needs.
We can dust, vacuum, mop, clean, tidy your things up, change your bed sheets and linen, make beds, clean your kitchen, clean your refrigerator and oven, and more. And we will clean your home in a friendly and comfortable manner.
Whether you need a regular mini-cleaning, a super deep cleaning, or a little bit of both, we will gladly take care of it for you and go the extra mile to be sure you are more than satisfied with the results.
Please look us up on Yelp or Google and you’ll see we have the best ratings from clients in (Name of City).
Myself and my staff will do everything you need us to do to help you get some of your valuable time back so you can do more of the things you want to do. Maybe you’ll even finish up that project you wanted to work on in the garage.
If you would like more free time and you want to come home to a tidy, freshly cleaned and deodorized home, please call me at 555-555-5555 to schedule a mutually convenient time to meet and go over you cleaning needs.
I look forward to meeting you!
PS: Use the coupon that is enclosed to get an extra 27.5% off your first super cleaning or regular mini-cleaning cleaning (please note that there is an expiration date on the coupon so don’t wait too long!)
Promotional Item ‘Grabber’ House Cleaner Sales Letter Example!
The example below is using what’s called a ‘grabber’ on the letter (or in the envelope) to grab the attention of the reader.
They are proven to improve response to marketing campaigns because they draw people in by their uniqueness and ‘wow’ factor.
People often use promotional items as grabbers like the one used as an example below. Not only does it grab attention but it’s also a useful item that has a long shelf life (it has your business name and contact information on it).
There are thousands of grabbers and promotional items you can use in your marketing. The one in the letter below is an example only. You can try any other lower cost alternative. Just be sure to tie in the grabber (promotional item) with your marketing message.
City, State, Zip
As you can see I’ve attached a digital clock to this letter. Why have I done this? Actually there are two reasons:
1. I have something very important to tell you and I wanted to some way to grab your attention.
2. Since what I want to tell you is about saving time I thought that this clock was particularly appropriate.
Would you like some extra time to do get some projects done, play a round of golf, or enjoy some ‘me time’? If the answer is an emphatic ‘Yes’ then I have good news for you.
As you are probably well aware, cleaning the house and tidying up is a time consuming, labor intensive chore that requires regular attention. Please allow myself and my staff to take this burden off your shoulders so that you can get some valuable time back and enjoy yourself more.
My name is (Name) and I am the owner of (Name of Cleaning Business). Myself and my staff are highly trained, reliable, and friendly house cleaning specialists with an impeccable track record. For example:
As you can see we are very good at what we do, trustworthy, and as flexible as you need us to be, and we clean in a friendly and comfortable manner.
We can do a regular mini-cleaning or a super deep cleaning on a weekly, or bi-monthly basis. And if you just need a one time cleaning we can do that as well.
Please call me at 555-555-5555 anytime 24 hours and so that we can schedule a time to discuss your cleaning needs, or if you need us right away I can arrange that too. Whatever you need.
I look forward to meeting you!
PS: Use the coupon that is enclosed to get an extra 27.5% off your first super cleaning or regular mini-cleaning (please note that there is an expiration date on the coupon so don’t wait too long!)
Cleaning Business Marketing Tip!
- Before you mail anything make sure you buy a high quality, targeted mailing list. For example, you probably want to target people who own homes. These people usually have money. If you choose the right age group then they are also probably busy professionals.
- Try niche marketing. For example, instead of just targeting homeowners try targeting a group of people who share something in common. If you are targeting people in a small city then you should choose a niche that is likely to have a lot of people in it. For example, if you target airline pilots the list will probably be very tiny (but you never know). But there are probably a lot of contractors in just about any town or city. Here’s another way to look at this; perhaps you have a hobby and you can write a letter to people in your area who are also interested in that hobby. Maybe you like crochet, tennis, biking, or playing guitar? Another example: target realtors. They always need people to clean the homes for open houses and clients who are moving.
- Adjust your letter (the content, or ad copy) to your niche group and test a mailing to them.
- Don’t mail once and forget about it. Mail to your list two to four times in a sequence. For example, The first letter has a coupon in it and it has an expiration date. Mail once per week or every two weeks right up until the deadline on the coupon, and refer to this deadline in your letter.
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2018
- Keep everyone who is interested in your services, current clients, past clients, etc. on a mailing list and send them an offer and/or a newsletter once per month.