Below I have a Jeweler sales letter that uses basic copywriting which is attempting to create desire in your prospective customers to come to your shop and buy fine jewelry or simply to get their watch or jewelry cleaned.
Before you simply mail a jewelry store prospecting or marketing letter like this you must do your research. Who is your ideal customer? Once you have figure this out then get a mailing list that fits those requirements.
Another option is to get a list of homeowners within 10 or 20 miles of your location. Fine tune this list and narrow it down to a certain household income you are comfortable with and then do a test mailing. You can get a quality list from numerous sources online.
Sample Jeweler Sales Letter.
Exquisite jewelry is today’s treasure and tomorrow’s heirloom. It is a symbol of so many emotions – love, gratitude, respect, joy.
It’s also a symbol of an individual’s personality and personal preferences. (Name of Business) has earned the reputation of providing quality jewelry for customers with refined tastes at a reasonable price.
Our professional jewelers are highly skilled with years of experience, and our customer service is like no other. For example, here is what some of our customers are saying:
Conveniently located right in your community, we invite you to visit our shop to see our collection. We not only showcase fine jewelry from around the world, but we also provide the following services:
- Jewelry and watch repairs
- Soldering of gold, silver and platinum
- Custom designed creations
- Ring sizing
- Necklace restringing and stone setting
We are located at (address) and are open (days) (hours). With a year full of special occasions ahead of you, think about jewelry as your ‘go to’ solution for gifts and commemorative treasures. We look forward to seeing you and hope that you will become a client for years to come!
PS: Free wedding ring cleaning! Yes, that’s right. Use the coupon attached to this letter and bring it along with your wedding ring and we will clean it for free (make sure yo use this coupon by the expiration date).
Final Tips For Jewelry Store Owners and Retailers.
- As you can see, I included a PS at the end of this letter which gives your prospect an opportunity to get something of value from you for free. This is a proven technique that gets people that you want as customers to enjoy a great experience at your business. And as a result they will come back to over and over and refer customers to you over time.
- Mail to your list once a month. Send a sales letter and/or a postcard for several weeks, and then use a newsletter every month. Newsletters are extremely effective.
- Don’t forget about your current clients. If you are not mailing a newsletter and/or a promotion once per month you are missing out on a lot of new business.