Aside from using a personal trainer sales letter on your website and marketing yourself online you should consider another underrated medium; direct mail. Very few people are using it and when they do they are not using it well.
There are numerous list companies that can generate a mailing list of people simply based off of gender, age, and income. But other more refined lists are available as well, depending on your area.
For example you can get a list of people who own a treadmill, a mountain bike, or subscribe to a womens or mens health magazine. You can even get lists of people who bought a fitness product or weight loss product online or from an informercial.
Imagine if you bought a list of people who purchased an ab machine. You can craft a sales letter just for them.
Below this sample letter are more tips for personal trainers.
Personal Trainer Sales Sample!
Recipients street address
City, State, Zip
My name is (Name), a personal fitness trainer now offering my services in your community. If you are struggling to achieve your fitness goals no matter how often you exercise, you are not alone.
I have helped countless individuals like you break out of their non-productive routines and reach levels of success they never before imagined.
I understand your frustration! You are not seeing results; you’re bored with the same old workout; you want to be challenged; you’re not motivated; and you don’t know how to set up a regimen that addresses everything you need or want – cardio, weight training, and flexibility.
Now may be the perfect time to turn to a professional trainer! It all can seem overwhelming, but with a personal trainer to guide you, suddenly it all makes sense. I have (XX) years of experience helping people like you achieve the fitness level of their dreams.
Whatever the reason, whether you want to improve your overall fitness, gain flexibility or strength, lose weight, rehabilitate from an injury or all of the above, once I understand your goals, I can create an individualized exercise program just for you and provide you with the support you need to stay on track.
My specialties include:
- Fitness Assessments
- Aerobic Exercise
- Resistance Exercise
- Flexibility Training
- Nutrition Counseling
Give me a call at (phone #) for more information and to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation (expires 00/00/00. Use the coupon that is attached).
Sometimes, doing it all alone simply doesn’t work. With my help you will soon see rewarding results of your hard work. I look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your fitness goals.
City, State ZIP
Website | Email
Phone | Fax
Marketing Tips and Ideas For Personal Trainers!
- Mail a sequence of letters and/or postcards instead of one letter.
- Send a newsletter to non responders and your current clients. Use it as an opportunity to share success stories, provide interesting and fun information, and include contests.
- Include a promotional product that your potential clients will keep around the house or office so that your brand stays with them long after they put your letter into the shredder.
- Try targeting specific local niches. For example, one of many niches are Brides-To-Be. Every bride on the planet starves themselves and gets a spray tan to look good on their wedding day. Write a personal trainer sales letter just for them. Hit their hot buttons. Another niche example would be people who are training Mixed Martial Arts or specific Martial Arts like Jiu Jitsu. These people train hard for tournaments and want to win. I know there is something you can do for them.
- Think outside the box rather than a shotgun approach. The more targeted and refined your message is to a specific niche the better.
- Cross promote your services with other related professionals like nutritionists, chiropractors, doctors, physical therapists etc. Send each one of these professionals an introductory letter.