If you take the time to regularly mail a lawn care sales letter to a list of homeowners who have lawns that need regular attention from a professional you will probably get a consistent number of new clients from your efforts. Especially if you are persistent with your mailings.
I used to be a landscaper myself. I worked for a landscape business owner who never went on the jobs with us. He stayed home while we worked our rear ends off. We had to drive around a 40 mile area and maintain the front and back yards of anywhere from 8 to 12 homes every day. Some of these homes had large yards.
Do you know how this guy got new clients? He drove around and cold called on homeowners and used his southern drawl to charm people. Most of us don’t have the charm of this man so we have to use a few more tools to get new business in the door.
One last thing. Read my tips for lawn care professionals below the sample lawn care letters.
Lawn Care Sales Letter Sample.
Recipients street address
City, State, Zip
How often have you driven through a neighborhood and admired the manicured lawn of someone’s home?
Have you ever considered that your lawn could look just as lovely under the care of a professional lawn care service? You probably think that it would cost too much money – not so!
My name is (Name), Owner of (Name of Lawn Care Service). We have been in the business of creating beautiful lawns since (date) and have earned the reputation for excellent lawn care service at exceptionally affordable prices.
We can do this because we are highly efficient; we know what we are doing; and we keep our overhead low.
Lawn care is a complex discipline. But many homeowners who rely on trial and error end up frustrated, never reaching their lawn goals. We have lawn care down to a science. We are experts in dethatching, aeration, seeding and proper lawn fertilization.
We know exactly what needs to be done to make your lawn a lush and green all year long and free from weeds and pests.
Here’s what some of our clients are saying about us:
Three lawn care client testimonials here.
Creating and maintaining a beautiful lawn is a skill that requires experience and a certain passion for the job. We have both!
In addition, we repair sprinkling systems, lay sod, and even provide gutter maintenance. The bottom line is that we can transform what appears to be a hopeless lawn into one that is the lush, green lawn you have always wanted.
Professional lawn care and maintenance:
- Helps your lawn withstand lawn disease throughout the year.
- Helps your lawn weather through unpredictable climate conditions.
- Keeps your lawn nutrient-rich, allowing it to breathe and absorb nutrients and moisture to a much deeper level through fertilization and soil aeration.
- Helps fight lawn-damaging insects and weeds with proper insect and weed control.
Spring is just around the corner. Now may be the time to give us a call at (phone #) so that we can schedule a free consultation and free soil test at your convenience (limited time offer please use the coupon that is attached).
We look forward to hearing from you and are confident that you will be delighted with our prices and our customized approach to lawn care.
City, State ZIP
Website | Email
Phone | Fax
PS: The next letter I will send to you will show you how to fertilize your lawn properly for the Spring and Winter.
Lawn Care Marketing Ideas and Proven Tips!
- Mail more than one letter. Send at least two or three and then follow up with postcards and/or a newsletter. Did you know it can take up to 17 contacts to make a sale?
- Send helpful information. After you mail your introduction letter similar to the one above, mail a series of follow up letters that soft sell your services and provide them information they did not know about in regards to their lawn.
- Can’t afford direct mail? Put your letter in a large envelope (professional) and drop it off by hand. Include something your prospects can use that has your company information on it: notepads, magnets, pens, bottle opener, etc. I know one person who would put their information on a large salt container because she knew that every house puts the salt in their cupboard and uses it once a month for a long time.
- Offer a free lawn care audit or soil test. An audit is just like what a doctor uses to diagnose your problem and present a solution. Have a clipboard and questions ready to ask your prospective clients so that you can find areas of their lawn that are a potential problem they did not know about and may cost them big money in the future. This is a great way to differentiate yourself from the rest of the same old guys blowing leaves.